Saturday, April 18, 2009

yard sale



Out with the old and in with the new. We didn't want to pack everything and thought a yard sale would be a good way to help with that. IT began at 6:30 until around noon.

In the past yard sales that I have had, the most that I raked in was twenty dollars. TOTAL. I was excited when a family bought my collectible ponies for three dollars, but also disheartened when someone traded a small machete for pots and pans. Needless to say I am not a good garage sale host.

Today we made over a hundred dollars which is not bad considering we did not have much to sale. It is going to help with gas money for home. We are officially moving back. We can not afford to stay on one income. For it being the second highest unemployment rate in the nation, it is very expensive place to live.

I am excited about going home and saddened at the same time.

I had something telling me that my vacation home would not be good. I should have listened to my intuition.

To some a yard sale is about getting rid of crap, to me, it is about moving on.

Moving on emotionally with people and things.


2 comments:

  1. Awwww. It sounds like you are sad to leave. I'm sorry it didn't work out. I will be glad to see you again, though! Let me know when you get back. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. i finally figured out how to follow a blog. so i am going to sign up to yours! whew, i didn't realize i was so bad at this. :) i am hoping to come to a class soon.

    ReplyDelete